Volunteer Requirements Policy
Safety is a major priority to North Wall Little League Baseball and Softball. Our goal includes fostering a safe, fun and challenging environment for our players through community support and participation. In addition, our volunteer Program Directors seek to continually evolve our league to meet the needs of the community as we grow and develop our players, facilities and overall program.
North Wall Little League follows the guidelines for Volunteering, Background Checks and Safety procedures from the organizations noted below.
The guidelines we follow for backgrounds checks and safety are dictated by NJ State statute, Township ordinance and Little League regulation. They can be found using the links below.
- Chapter 432
- Concussion regulation
- Little League ASAP plan requirement 6 First Aid Training
- Little League Regulation
- Township Ordinance
The North Wall Little League Plan of Action follows the CDC plan. All related forms can be found here:
As such, it is our policy and that of Little League and Wall Township, that all volunteers must be properly screened and approved. Anyone who will be on the field with our players must wear their Photo ID Badge.
The process for fingerprinting and results can take 2-4 weeks so please make an appointment as soon as possible if you would like to receive an ID card during Photo Night.
For the safety of our players, coaches and guests, there will be absolutely no exceptions.
Volunteer ID Card Process
- Fill out volunteer form 2017 Volunteer Application
- Upload these forms during your registration process OR
- Email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please go to http://wallnj.com/189/Fingerprinting for fingerprinting information.
- After you get fingerprinted, it is the responsibility of the volunteer to confirm if they are on the “Approved List” http://www.instantverificationinc.com/#!approval-lists/zgmi9 before obtaining your Volunteer Photo ID.
- After you are “approved”, the volunteer should attend a Photo ID night at the Wall Municipal Office
- The volunteer must attend Safety Training. There are two options:
- Wall Township Safety Meetings
- Rutgers Volunteer Safety Class
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST TAKE THE CONCUSSION TRAINING, REGARDLESS IF YOU'VE TAKEN THE RUTGERS SAFETY CLASS
- Each volunteer must also take the Concussion Training Course – and submit their completion form to North Wall Little League when complete.
- Fingerprints are valid for 3 years; however the volunteer form has to be submitted to North Wall Little League every year.
- Please contact our Safety Director email@example.com with any questions.